Ashdale Secondary College is an Independent Public School. Only children whose usual place of residence is within the local intake area for the College are guaranteed places. All children whose usual residence is within the local intake area require an Expression of Interest form to be submitted by the first Friday of Term 3 each year to begin the process of enrolment. Ashdale Secondary College receives many Expressions of Interest for enrolment from within its local intake area, which usually means that the College cannot take enrolment from outside the local intake area. Once the College has confirmed the number of local intake area enrolments, applications from children outside the local intake area can be assessed from the first Friday of Term 3 each year. The priority for students who live outside the local intake area is in the following order:
- A child who is accepted into a specialist program, including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
- A child with a sibling enrolled at the College for that year; this does not include a sibling who has gained enrolment through specialist programs, including Approved Specialist Programs (secondary schools).
- A child who lives closest to the College (not closest to the boundary of a local intake area school).
How to enrol your child
Parents/guardians must complete an Expression of Interest form to start the enrolment process. This form can be downloaded, collected from the College Administration Office, or emailed to you; please contact 6207 1300 to request. Submitting an Expression of Interest to the College does not mean that the College has accepted enrolment. Upon submitting the Expression of Interest, the parent/guardian is required to supply the following documentation:
- Proof of Address – Three (3) pieces of evidence of their usual place of residence, e.g. a recent utility account (gas, water, electricity, shire rates, contract of purchase of land/house, or current lease agreement)
- Drivers licence or Passport of parent/guardian completing the application
- Birth Certificate
- Immunisation Records
- Most recent school report
- USI Number
- If applicable, court orders or documentation showing the enrolling adult is the legal guardian.
- If applicable, documentation relating to any diagnosed learning difficulty or medical condition.
If the student was not born in Australia, the following documents would also need to be provided:
- Evidence of the date of entry into Australia
- Passport or travel documents
- Current visas and previous visas (if applicable).
NB: The Department of Education requires that any information on suspensions and exclusions must be provided to the school when applying to enrol a child. This information will help the College provide your child with the appropriate support. Children currently suspended from a government school cannot be enrolled at another government school until the suspension period ends. Children who have previously been suspended or excluded from a government school may be required to enter into a behaviour management agreement with the school if enrolment is accepted.
For further information, please call the College Administration Office on 6207 1300 or email email@example.com.