Achieving a Positive Future
Ashdale Secondary College, an Independent Public School in the Perth northern suburb of Darch, Western Australia, provides students with educational excellence, preparing them for a future of unlimited possibilities. Catering to students from Year 7 through to Year 12, our distinctive and innovative approach to education motivates them to strive to achieve their best. Our high standards are promoted within a values-rich environment, supporting students to realise their true potential; contact us today.
Focusing on student engagement and well-being, we ensure that every student grows, becomes a lifelong learner and feels valued at all times. Staff, parents and the community are all partners of our students, assisting in building character, strengthening social values and enabling opportunities to succeed. This is the robust platform upon which Ashdale Secondary College is built.
A community of excellence
Ashdale Secondary College is at the heart of the community, empowering its students with a high-quality education and dedicated attention. Our students are valuable contributors to society, articulating the College’s vision for excellence. Our responsibility to our students is supported through a variety of measures:
- We are a merit-select school, guaranteeing quality education and excellence.
- We have state-of-the-art facilities to inspire and engage our students.
- We are at the forefront of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education with the Ashdale STEM Institute, promoting innovation and creativity.
- We offer an ICT (Information & Communications Technology) Approved Specialist Program from Year 7, endorsed by the Department of Education.
- We are one of only two schools in Western Australia with fully equipped observation classrooms, allowing us to lead other schools in teacher-reflective practice.
- We are an award-winning school with high standards for both students and staff – 2021 WA Secondary School of the Year; 2021 Secondary Meritorious Leadership Award – Governor’s School STEM Awards; 2020 Governor’s School STEM Award (Leadership Excellence), Secondary School Leader of the Year; Beginning Teacher of the Year; Highest achieving VET School; ATAR achievement ranked 14th top Government school.
- We have formed the Ashdale Cluster with our local primary schools, providing a K-12 learning environment for all students.
- We promote inclusive schooling through one of five secondary Specialised Autism Learning Programs in Western Australia and a Learning Enrichment Centre.
The Administration office is open from 8.15 am – 3.30 pm Monday – Friday.
The classroom timetable is as follows:
|Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday||Wednesday (no Mentor Group)|
|Period 1||8.45 am||– 9.45 am||Period 1||8.45 am||– 9.45 am|
|Period 2||9.50 am||– 10.50 am||Period 2||9.45 am||– 10.45 am|
|Mentor||10.55 am||– 11.10 am||No Mentor Group|
|Recess||11.10 am||– 11.35 am||Recess||10.45 am||– 11.05 am|
|Period 3||11.35 am||– 12.35 pm||Period 3||11.05 am||– 12.05 pm|
|Period 4||12.40 pm||– 1.40 pm||Period 4||12.05 pm||– 1.05 pm|
|Lunch||1.40 pm||– 2.10 pm||Lunch||1.05 pm||– 1.30 pm|
|Period 5||2.10 pm||– 3.10 pm||Period 5||1.30 pm||– 2.30 pm|