Voluntary contributions, compulsory charges, and approved funding paid by parents and guardians are used to purchase textbooks, materials, and other resources students use in their everyday classes. All contributions and charges assist in providing an educational program that meets the requirements of the Curriculum Framework and complies with the guidelines issued by the Department of Education and the School Education Act.
The College community appreciates the financial support given by parents and guardians, which enables staff to continue to offer quality educational programs.
Payment of Contributions, Charges, and Fees
Payments can be made during office hours in the administration office during the Term in person, over the phone, or by mail via cash, cheque, or credit card. Credit card payments can also be made directly to the College bank account online:
|Account Name:||Ashdale Secondary College|
|Account Number:||1990 1762|
Qkr payment App for the payment of excursions and activities.
Ashdale Secondary College is excited to offer Qkr! for online payments for activities, including excursions, incursions, and tours.
The benefits of using Qkr! are that:
- It provides a secure and easy way to pay.
- You can electronically sign permission slips for your child to attend an activity via your smartphone.
- The need to complete a medical form for each activity is eliminated.
- The app records your payments and can send receipts to your email.
Getting started is simple!
- Download | Download the Qkr! app via your device’s app store.
- Register | Register your country of residence as ‘Australia’ and follow the steps to register.
- Find your school | Ashdale Secondary College will appear in ‘Nearby Locations’.
- Add your children | Add your children by ‘adding student profile’.
When you receive notice of your child’s excursion or activity, all you’ll need to do is: Look for your child’s activity or excursion on the app, complete the permission form, make the payment if required, and submit.
Some families may be unable to pay charges and contributions simultaneously. Please feel welcome to contact the Manager Corporate Services on 6207 1300, who will assist in formulating a payment plan to suit your budget.
Some visa holders must apply and pay tuition directly to Education and Training International (ETI) in addition to the school’s standard requested voluntary contribution & charges.
Secondary Assistance Scheme
The State Government, through the Department of Education, provides financial support to eligible parents through the Secondary Assistance Scheme (SAS). This scheme aims to assist low-income families with secondary schooling costs.
The allowance consists of two components:
- $235 Educational Program Allowance is paid directly to the school and is taken as payment for the Voluntary Contribution.
- $115 Clothing Allowance paid directly to the parent/guardian to assist with purchasing the school uniform, or parents can opt to direct payment to the school to decrease the outstanding balance of voluntary contribution and or charges.
Parents or guardians make applications of students enrolled in Years 7 to 12 up to and including the year the student turns 18 years of age.
Parents/guardians must hold one of the following cards:
Centrelink Health Care Card
Cardholder must be a parent/guardian. A parent cannot make claims using a student’s card (i.e. the student may hold a card for disability purposes).
Pensioner Concession Card
The student’s name should be listed on the card.
Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
Health Pensioner Cards, TPI / TPI Gold Cards, or State Cards cannot be accepted as they are only issued for medical benefits.
The above cards must be current during the first Term. Applications must be made in person. Forms are available from the Administration office at the College.
Applications close at the end of Term 1. Any application received after this date will not be accepted.